Monday, July 6, 2009

Cartoon Hell Vol. 1

Palace Amusement has once again disappointed me by having absolutely nothing of substance showing in their theaters. Please, nobody wants to watch "Night at the Museum" and I really don't have to see "Transformers" to know that it's all special effects and no plot.

I've resolved that I must simply wait, and hope and PRAY that they'll be considerate enough to show Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" when it finally comes out.

In the meantime (and in the spirit of creepy animation) I give you CARTOON HELL VOL. 1 Enjoy!

[WARNING: DO NOT WATCH THESE IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF HALLUCINOGENIC DRUGS]

It's hard to imagine this cartoon was made for children, it certainly freaks the hell out of me.

The Mysterious Stranger - The Adventures of Mark Twain


Ahh, don't you just love stop-motion animation? I love the echo of the puppet's voice and the trippy music...not too sure about the nudity though but oh well.

I don't know yet


No one can freak you out quite like the Japanese

Toki


Now this one teaches some opportunist white kids to never try to cut up a rabbit.
Rabbit


The classic tale of the Sandman is kinda creepy to begin with, who would rest easier at the thought of someone sprinkling sand in ones eye? THIS is no lullaby.

Sandman

2 comments:

Jherane said...

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed about Alice in Wonderland and also Manson's adoption of Phantasmagoria.
You've probably seen Tim Burton's short film Vincent, which I hold dearly to my disturbed heart, but I think you should check out Roman Dirge's Lenore (character based on Edgar Allen's Poe's Muse)
:)
Have a blood filled Afternoon.

Atlas said...

I adore Lenore! :) also, much affinity for Vincent and his zombie dog slave...